Assistant Marketing Manager
HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
The William Morrow Group, a division of HarperCollins Publishers, is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager. The Morrow Group is comprised of several imprints – flagship imprint William Morrow, as well as Dey Street Books, Mariner Books, Harvest, and Avon Books – and publishes a range of titles across most publishing categories, from bestselling mysteries and romances to prize-winning literary fiction, cookbooks, politics, and pop culture titles. The Morrow Group’s authors include Neil Gaiman, Karin Slaughter, Julia Quinn, Dave Grohl, Lucy Foley, Tessa Bailey, Tabitha Brown, Don Winslow, Joanna Gaines, and more. In this role you will work on titles across all Morrow imprints, with an emphasis on marketing works of fiction.
Hybrid NYC or remote location status will be considered.
- Conceives, develops, and executes marketing campaigns for 5-10 books per season, including lead priority fiction titles and bestselling house authors.
- Collaborates on select large-scale marketing campaigns with a Senior Director.
- Communicates detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors, as well as presenting campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Advises authors on building and optimizing their social media presence and overall platform.
- Develops a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell-in materials for reps and accounts, social media copy and images, videos, and email and advertising copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Participates in the planning of, preparation for, and presentation at all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinates marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Oversees budgets for assigned titles.
- Offers feedback to the editorial group on select author proposals, and represents the marketing team in acquisitions meetings with prospective authors.
- Works closely with publicity, sales, and editorial.
- Manages the day-to-day social media for one imprint’s platforms plus creating content for a biweekly newsletter.
- Shared supervision of junior employee.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on book marketing experience
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization, and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, positive attitude, and a high level of professionalism, creativity, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design programs are a bonus, plus a keen eye for design
- Passion for the book publishing business
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
Our recruitment team will review all applications submitted through www.harpercollins.com/careers. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This role will be taken down when we are no longer accepting new applicants.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter on our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4333/assistant-marketing-manager/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
Want to learn more about HarperCollins Publishers? Visit HarperCollins Publishers's website.
Home of the world’s best books.