HarperCollins Publishers, Remote, USA
Work at HarperCollins Publishers
The HarperOne Group is currently seeking a Designer or Senior Designer (depending on experience) to create original covers and jackets for the HarperOne Group imprints - Amistad, HarperVia, HarperCollins Español, and HarperOne.
- Works collaboratively and closely with Art Director.
- Designs original covers and jackets for assigned titles.
- Researches, presents, and works closely with illustrators and photographers.
- Designs and routes jacket and cover mechanicals and sees process through to production stage in timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Prepares files, reviews, and corrects proofs.
- Makes reprint corrections.
- Makes backlist corrections.
- Converts hardcover designs to paperback format.
- Engages in special projects and requests from Marketing and Publicity departments.
- Minimum 3 years of book cover design experience required
- Strong ability in illustration and hand-lettering (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities under pressure and deadlines
- Strong prepress and production awareness
- Strong Mac skills and design competence with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A strong interest in books
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with design trends and commercial market
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$75,000. We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate's experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including "elective" benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through our website: https://careers-harpercollins.icims.com/jobs/4541/designer-senior-designer/job
About HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.