Senior Communications Officer
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, Hartford, CT USA
Work at Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for a smart, creative, and dynamic writer with a passion for telling compelling stories that amplify positive social and community impact. If you are committed to our mission of – “putting philanthropy into action to create lasting solutions that result in vibrant communities within the Greater Hartford Region” – and to using your journalistic and communication talents to promote social change, please consider this opportunity to join the Hartford Foundation as a Senior Communications Officer.
Essential Duties &
- Work closely with internal colleagues and external community partners and constituents to conceptualize, write, and edit a variety of storytelling content, proposals, and case statements that showcase the Foundation's impact and promote aligned philanthropic giving.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with staff including (CI) Community Impact and Development officers to generate stories that align the Foundation's strategic priorities with the interests of potential donors and partners.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to tell the stories of the Foundation, and elevate the partners, organizations, and residents it serves.
- Engage audiences with digital storytelling pieces and campaigns to promote the Foundation's initiatives and programs.
- Write proposals and case statements that effectively communicate the Foundation's mission, values, and strategic priorities to new and existing donors, donor-advisers, and partner funders.
- Create compelling long-form content, such as case studies, white papers, and thought leadership pieces,
- Serve as an active collaborator within a cross-functional, Co-Funding team by providing support and a strategy in creating, managing, and editing persuasive content that promotes co-funding opportunities.
- Monitor internal grant pipeline and workplans, conduct research and analysis to inform communication strategies and proposals, and use data and insights to identify opportunities and trends in philanthropy.
- Contribute to departmental initiatives, events and projects as needed.
- Other related duties.
Competencies and Attributes
- Passion for telling persuasive stories that drive social impact.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate big ideas with accuracy and clarity.
- Deep commitment to the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Expert writing skills (blog writing, print, online publications, social media captions, and copy-editing).
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills
- Adept relationship-building skills, including the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders, including donors, community leaders, media outlets, nonprofit partners, and colleagues.
- Capacity to research, analyze and use data and insights to inform communication strategies and proposals.
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook as well as web and digital content management/creation tools such as WordPress and concrete5.
- Demonstrated ability to produce compelling long-form content and effective proposals and case statements.
- Experience working with email platforms such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, or Pardot, and/or basic knowledge of HTML.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience
Degree requirements can be substituted with equivalent practical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, or journalism
- Knowledge of philanthropy and nonprofit sectors
- Graphic design experience using design software and technologies, such as InDesign and Canva.
Hartford, CT; This hybrid work assignment includes in-office work, remote work and occasional travel to community partners throughout the Greater Hartford Region.
HARTFORD FOUNDATION FOR PUBLIC GIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER RELYING ON A DIVERSE GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE TALENTS TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background and reference check to the satisfaction of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
For more information about the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, please visit our website: www.hfpg.org.
About Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
For nearly 100 years, generous individuals and families have trusted the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to help them make a lasting, positive impact in their community and in their own and future generations. Under its strategic commitment, the Hartford Foundation is poised to move to a greater level of impact and growth that will enhance our ability to support nonprofits and other partners to identify and serve community needs. We also seek to enhance our role as a trusted steward, collaborator, and innovator.
Want to learn more about Hartford Foundation for Public Giving? Visit Hartford Foundation for Public Giving's website.
Home of the world’s best books.