Director, Digital Marketing (Remote, US)
Hay House, Carlsbad, CA | New York, NY | Remote
“The gateways to wisdom and knowledge are always open.” – Louise Hay
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, PTO, and 4-day work week)
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Digital Marketing Director - (Remote, US)
Who We Are
Hay House is a mission-driven company dedicated to supporting positive change in the world by helping all people to grow in mind, body, and spirit. With a diverse roster of customers, authors, and points of view, Hay House offers products and resources that empower, educate, and inspire such as books (print, electronic, and audio), card decks, calendars, streaming content, mobile apps, and more. From self-improvement to spirituality, health to business, metaphysics to memoir, diet to tarot, children’s books to crystals, we offer our audience a wide selection of practical and inspirational resources in a broad range of formats.
The Digital Marketing Director represents Hay House and its array of products in their most inspiring capacity throughout all our social/digital channels, product launches and brand platforms. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this entrepreneurial strategist will work cross-functionally with teams of passionate marketers to engage our diverse community and create new ones with inspired digital marketing campaigns dedicated to helping people improve the quality of their lives. Part strategist and part creator, the visionary will create and execute direct marketing strategy, drive achievement of the direct to consumer marketing function, including digital marketing initiatives, organic and paid advertising, and product line promotions.
Responsibilities and Expertise
• Develop campaign launch strategies and manage staff to execute campaign/product launch activities.
• Oversee the planning and executing of all social media to include paid advertising.
• Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns. Utilize A/B testing to maximize conversions.
• Identify trends and insights to optimize performance of product launches.
• Brainstorm and collaborate with cross functional teams to implement creative growth strategies.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to create landing pages and optimize opt-in or sales conversions.
• Oversee the general brand for Hay House in various channels such as social media channels.
• Develop promotional strategies for multiple product lines, customer journey roadmaps, and manages marketing efforts.
• Work cross collaboratively with the cross functional teams such as Marketing Ops/Email, Customer Support, Ecommerce/Web, Course Development, Membership etc. to ensure awareness of current and future marketing campaigns, and cross coordination of product launches.
• Develop, manage and approve budget and departmental spending for digital marketing and paid ad functions.
• Hire, lead, develop and manage performance of digital marketing staff.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage a large and diverse staff
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Knowledge of digital/online marketing, traffic & conversions, sales funnels and lead magnets
• Extensive database marketing knowledge and growth tactics
• Technological proficiency for use of the personal computer, Microsoft Excel, Word, internet, and project tracking software, project management software, and ad serving tools
Education and/or Experience
• 10+ years of digital consumer marketing experience, including email marketing, sales funnels, social media and digital paid advertising
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
• Experience in optimization and user funnels
• Experience in A/B and multivariate experiments
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and reporting
Why Should You Apply?
4-Day Work Week
Embracing Diversity & EEO
Hay House is committed to having a diverse workforce that embodies and reflects the diversity of our global community. As part of this commitment to equitable opportunity and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from all individuals inclusive of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, and beliefs.
Hay House is based in the beautiful Carlsbad, CA with an additional office in New York, NY and divisions in the U.K., Australia, and India.
About Hay House
Hay House is a mission-driven company dedicated to supporting positive change in the world by helping all people to grow in mind, body, and spirit. With a diverse roster of customers, authors, and points of view, Hay House offers products and resources that empower, educate, and inspire.
Louise Hay, the founder of Hay House, is known as one of the pillars of the modern self-help movement. Louise’s personal philosophy was forged from a troubled early life, capped by her most profound challenge—literally healing herself from cancer through the power of her mind. As she wrote, “Every thought we think is creating our future.”
Louise initially self-published Heal Your BodyandYou Can Heal Your Life, both of which became international bestsellers. Hay House was founded in 1987 as a way for Louise to help other authors publish transformational books and audio programs. Today, Hay House is one of the largest independently owned mind-body-spirit and transformational enterprises in the world. With U.S. offices in Carlsbad, California; New York City; and Austin, Texas, and international divisions in the United Kingdom, Australia, and India, we deliver our products and services to millions of people in more than 35 countries.
What We Offer
Hay House produces books (print, electronic, and audio), card decks, calendars, streaming content, mobile apps, and more. From self-improvement to spirituality, health to business, metaphysics to memoir, diet to tarot, children’s books to crystals, we offer our audience a wide selection of practical and inspirational resources in a broad range of formats.
We also offer online courses through Hay House Online Learning; live events around the world with our roster of visionary thought leaders through; and intimate listening experiences with our top teachers through Hay House Podcasts and our Hay House Unlimited Audio App.
Our self-publishing division, Balboa Press, empowers independent authors to bring their own messages to the world.
Hay House’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Inclusion is one of the founding principles of our company. Louise was an early advocate of the LGBTQ+ community, offering unconditional love and support to many during the AIDS crisis. As part of our ongoing mission, Hay House stands in solidarity with our Black colleagues and community members in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, and we are committed to elevating the voices of Black, Indigenous, and other people of color throughout our publishing and media programs. In 2018, we launched the Diverse Wisdom initiative, which provides mentoring and training for writers of color who are under-represented in traditional publishing. We are also striving to achieve greater diversity in our team of authors and within the structure of our company. We recognize the importance of continuously educating ourselves and remedying our shortcomings in order to embody the principle of equity in all that we do. Louise founded Hay House with the objective of being an agent of positive change in the world, and we see helping to bring about a greater level of inclusion and equity as an essential part of that work.
Want to learn more about Hay House? Visit Hay House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.