Hay House, Remote, Work from USA
“The gateways to wisdom and knowledge are always open.” – Louise Hay
Salary: Salary $75,000 - $85,000
Salary min: $70,000
Salary max: $80,000
If you're looking for an enjoyable place to work that values your ideas, encourages your growth, rewards you for your excellence and prioritizes work-life harmony (yes, we have a 4-day work week), join us!
Who We Are
Our founder, Louise Hay, had one wish - to help people improve the quality of their life. Her desire underscores everything we do for our customers, our authors, and our employees. As the largest publisher of personal development books, events & courses we offer a diverse range of products and resources that empower, educate, and inspire. We know that the words we publish can have a deep, lasting impact on peoples lives and we’re dedicated to using our talents to support positive change in the world by helping all people grow in mind, body, and spirit. We love what we do, and we hope you will too.
As our Senior Publicist, you will assist and work closely with the Associate Director of Publicity to create and execute high-impact publicity campaigns for our full list, which includes Self-Help, Personal Growth, Metaphysical, Health & Wellness, and Business topics.
You will act as a primary point of contact for authors and internal teams regarding their PR campaigns. This involves high levels of planning, coordination, communication, tracking, monitoring, problem solving and adjusting execution as needed to achieve the best results for each individual campaign.
Responsibilities and Expertise
- Develops and executes all aspects of a publicity campaign, including booking national and local media, coordinating, and managing author interviews
- Is a primary point of contact for authors, building strong, trusted relationships
- Drives media campaigns in conjunction with book launches for books on health & wellness, business, self-help, diet, how-to, mind/body/spirit, and more.
- Writes press materials including one sheets, pitch letters, interview questions and creates full press kits for campaigns
- Maintains strong relationships with members of the press (broadcast, radio/podcasts, print/digital, trades, etc. with a particular emphasis on outlets that cover non-fiction), seeks out new media outlets and creative ways to publicize titles
- Strategizes effective media lists, pitches press and coordinates interviews for publicity campaigns and book/media tours
- Works closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including briefing authors for interviews and accompanying authors to publicity engagements when necessary
- Maintains publicity database and pr updates to internal teams
- Collaborates and communicates regularly with key in-house departments, including Sales, Editorial, and Marketing to ensure awareness of current and future publicity campaigns
- Keeps Associate Director informed for all author communications and their related project and campaign status
- Contributes to and strengthens HH relationship with authors, including having a reputation for being highly supportive and effectively achieving results
- Evaluates success of each launch. Reports analytics and revenue to Associate Director upon project completion
- Facilitates debrief meetings as needed
- Completes author and campaign documentation and files, ensuring they can be referenced in the future
- Makes recommendation for future campaigns, including documentation
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Familiarity with the company’s core content areas, and strong interest in
and/or knowledge of current trends—particularly
related to self-help, personal growth, health & wellness, etc.
- Knowledge of the media, marketplace, and competition
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong self-leadership skills, able to maintain performance while under challenge and stress, and work independently
- Easily builds rapport, develops, and maintains strong relationships with both media and authors
- Strong team player, able to negotiate and adjust workload or work process to meet needs of the team
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to escort authors as needed, including the ability to travel domestically with authors when needed
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Technological proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Asana, and Slack
- Familiarity with Cision
Education and/or Experience
- Prior experience typically achieved through at least 5 years of publicity experience in professional public relations or book publishing
- Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Why Should You Apply?
- Meaningful Work
- 4-Day Work Week
- Great Benefits
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
PTO, Pay in Lieu of Time Off, and Shared Leave
Paid Holidays + Floating Holiday
Company paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Company paid $50K Life/AD&D Insurance
Emergency Savings Account + Company Contribution
Gym Membership Discounts
Professional Development & Education Assistance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you & family
Embracing Diversity & EEO
Hay House is committed to having a diverse workforce that embodies and reflects the diversity of our global community. As part of this commitment to equitable opportunity and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from all individuals inclusive of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, and beliefs.
About Hay House
Hay House is a mission-driven company dedicated to supporting positive change in the world by helping all people to grow in mind, body, and spirit. With a diverse roster of customers, authors, and points of view, Hay House offers products and resources that empower, educate, and inspire.
Louise Hay, the founder of Hay House, is known as one of the pillars of the modern self-help movement. Louise’s personal philosophy was forged from a troubled early life, capped by her most profound challenge—literally healing herself from cancer through the power of her mind. As she wrote, “Every thought we think is creating our future.”
Louise initially self-published Heal Your BodyandYou Can Heal Your Life, both of which became international bestsellers. Hay House was founded in 1987 as a way for Louise to help other authors publish transformational books and audio programs. Today, Hay House is one of the largest independently owned mind-body-spirit and transformational enterprises in the world. With U.S. offices in Carlsbad, California; New York City; and Austin, Texas, and international divisions in the United Kingdom, Australia, and India, we deliver our products and services to millions of people in more than 35 countries.
What We Offer
Hay House produces books (print, electronic, and audio), card decks, calendars, streaming content, mobile apps, and more. From self-improvement to spirituality, health to business, metaphysics to memoir, diet to tarot, children’s books to crystals, we offer our audience a wide selection of practical and inspirational resources in a broad range of formats.
We also offer online courses through Hay House Online Learning; live events around the world with our roster of visionary thought leaders through; and intimate listening experiences with our top teachers through Hay House Podcasts and our Hay House Unlimited Audio App.
Our self-publishing division, Balboa Press, empowers independent authors to bring their own messages to the world.
Hay House’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Inclusion is one of the founding principles of our company. Louise was an early advocate of the LGBTQ+ community, offering unconditional love and support to many during the AIDS crisis. As part of our ongoing mission, Hay House stands in solidarity with our Black colleagues and community members in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, and we are committed to elevating the voices of Black, Indigenous, and other people of color throughout our publishing and media programs. In 2018, we launched the Diverse Wisdom initiative, which provides mentoring and training for writers of color who are under-represented in traditional publishing. We are also striving to achieve greater diversity in our team of authors and within the structure of our company. We recognize the importance of continuously educating ourselves and remedying our shortcomings in order to embody the principle of equity in all that we do. Louise founded Hay House with the objective of being an agent of positive change in the world, and we see helping to bring about a greater level of inclusion and equity as an essential part of that work.
Want to learn more about Hay House? Visit Hay House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands