Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, is looking for a dynamic Executive Producer. We are seeking a driven, organized leader who can communicate a vision for each newscast and lead a team towards that vision. The Executive Producer will manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, anchors, reporters, and photographers. The ideal candidate can calmly handle breaking news when it happens and, when it doesn’t, can create a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. You must want to win and make those around you better. You must also be able to produce newscasts when needed.
· Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts.
· Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation.
· Coaching producers, reporters, and videographers.
· Responding to breaking news.
· Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement.
· Writing compelling news stories in active voice.
· Newsgathering and meeting deadlines
· Producing and boothing newscasts when needed.
· Posting stories and video to all digital platforms.
· Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings.
· Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
· Communicate effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering.
· Minimum of three years producing experience.
· Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
· Have a strong sense of audience desires.
· Possess outstanding communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
· Have the ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements.
· Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
· Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
· Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands