Local Sales Manager
Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT, United States
The story is yours!
- With guidance from the General Sales Manager, set the overall tone for the local sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive.
- Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year & exceed quarterly & annual forecasts.
- Manage, alongside the General Sales Manager and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Internet, Mobile, etc.
- Advise the Research Director in creation of research pieces to assist in our sales efforts.
- Communicate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales management experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
- Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
- Has a passion to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
- Has a track record of success in new business development.
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands