Hearst Television, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $30,000
Salary max: $30,000
WTAE TV is looking for an organized, detail-oriented team player with exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. A positive attitude and professional demeanor are essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. Individual will work closely with the sales team to ensure effective placement of sales activity. Specifically, you'll work with the sales force on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials, generating support materials for sales team, and coordinating the scheduling and launch of advertising campaigns. This is a great opportunity in a growing organization for someone who can maintain a high level of accuracy and remain calm under pressure. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
· Entering and maintaining orders into WideOrbit.
· Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages and client presentations.
· Create supportive marketing materials for sales department.
· Effectively communicate with internal teams (sales, production, finance) and external clients on performance and delivery of campaigns.
· Maintain organized filing systems
· Prepare proposals based on account executive requests
· Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
· Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers, and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
· Interact with co-workers, clients, and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person
· Must have computer and software experience.
· Previous commercial television experience a plus.
· Military experience will be considered.
· Proficient in Microsoft Tool Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
· Consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment.
· Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
· Must be highly focused, organized, and detail oriented.
· Must take pride in work, respond to instruction well, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working independently and perform at a consistently high-level.
· Deal with the daily stresses and pressures associated with commercial television sales
· Extreme attention to detail.
Education: College degree preferred
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.