Sales Account Executive
Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT, United States
The story is yours!
WPTZ NBC5, has an immediate opening for an experienced Local Sales Account Executive. This position provides an excellent opportunity to be part of a local news leader in the market. Great resources, including Nielsen ratings, Marshall Marketing qualitative data, and the vast digital assets of Hearst Television, provide significant opportunity for building innovative and effective marketing and sponsorship opportunities for both established and newly developed clients. This position requires travel throughout the entire DMA, but can be based in either South Burlington, VT or Plattsburgh, NY.
- Create, develop and nurture positive business relationships in the community
- Sell commercial time to local and/or regional advertisers and agencies. Includes on-air and digital media platforms.
- Generate new revenue by developing new advertisers to our medium.
- Manage and evolve a list of current valued clients
- Responsible for ensuring commercials are complete and ready to air on schedule.
- Responsible for orderly flow of all sales transactions, including overseeing preemptions and make-goods.
- Prepare creative presentations using rating services and other resources.
- Previous television/media/advertising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office) and ability to learn proprietary software (Wide Orbit, Marshall Marketing, Kantar).
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Management/Communications preferred, or the equivalent.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.