Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA, United States
The story is yours!
WGAL TV, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Lancaster/Harrisburg, PA, is seeking a Media Sales Account Executive responsible for selling multi-faceted advertising campaigns to local businesses and advertising agencies. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-paced media business with a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Hearst Television. The ideal candidate thrives in a goal-oriented team environment and has strong, multi-dimensional communication skills. If you are motivated by a highly-impactful, excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base – you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, and desire to succeed.
- Develop custom, effective marketing solutions to serve the needs of a diverse group of clients
- Generate revenue across all available platforms and products
- Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
- Understand, negotiate and secure appropriate value for all products
- Professionally represent the station in strategic business and market partnerships
- Manage all elements of active account campaign execution
- Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals
- Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy
- Accountability within a goal-structured organization
- Initiative with a results-oriented attitude while able to collaborate and support team efforts
- Proficiency in basic math skills and comfort with numbers
- Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, Marshall Marketing and other industry software a plus.
- 2-3 Years Relevant Experience Preferred in Marketing/Sales/Media
- Military Training/Experience will be considered
- Experience in a consultative, customer-focused, professional sales environment preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands