Hearst Television, Salinas, CA, United States
The story is yours!
KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, has an opening for a Commercial Producer. This position is responsible primarily for creation of commercial television and multi-media advertising from inception to multi-platform distribution, following KSBW 8 commercial production quality standards and maintaining our current excellent client relationships. In addition, creative producer will be assigned station promotion projects to help meet overall station objectives.
- Create marketing-driven campaigns that get results for the clients
- Craft station on-air promos and image campaigns as assigned to increase brand awareness and ratings for KSBW 8
- Work with the clients and Sales team to develop the best message and branding campaign for the clients’ needs
- Produce, shoot, design and edit commercial content to create high-quality marketing content for clients on all platforms
- Produce, shoot, design and edit promotion materials as needed
- Coordinate, schedule and execute all aspects of Commercial Production
- Set and meet deadlines with clients and staff, managing equipment
Other responsibilities as assigned
- Work individually and lead projects through all phases of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, finishing/delivery of video assets, unsupervised
- Must be a creative writer who can turn concepts into compelling marketing copy
- Extensive Adobe Premiere Pro, After Affects, and Photoshop experience, as well as videography, lighting and audio experience
- Must demonstrate impeccable aesthetic graphic and production sensibilities to produce compelling/eye-catching/graphically-pleasing marketing materials
- Ability to book crews, schedule shoots large and small, delivering on-time and on-budget
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under tight deadlines
Positive, motivated attitude with a strong work ethic
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Production, Marketing or Broadcast-related field
- Preferred: 2 years of hands-on experience working in commercial production
- Will be working in person at station location.
- Must be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands periodically throughout the year
- Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Bilingual a plus
Military experience may be considered
MUST INCLUDE PRODUCTION SAMPLES LINK ON YOUR RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.