Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
KCRA 3, the Hearst Television station that is #1 in Sacramento, is looking for a sharp and creative news producer. We are looking for someone who isn’t just a “stacker” but truly knows how to craft a newscast. We want a critical thinker who marries journalistic excellence with visually crisp newscasts. At the same time, we need someone who isn’t afraid to blow up their show when there’s breaking news and loves the excitement of showcasing the big story. In-person attendance is required.
- Oversee the creation, production and execution of our newscasts.
- Collaborate with our Executive Producers and Directors to create and produce eye-catching graphics.
- Must post daily content to our digital platforms.
- Must contribute strong enterprise story ideas at editorial meetings.
- Fosters and inspires team work with anchors, field crews, digital producers and the assignment desk.
- Exceptional news judgment.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to calmly handle live breaking news.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Must be adept and knowledgeable about creating content for our digital platforms and social media.
- Must be a team leader who communicates thoughtfully and respectfully.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of line producing experience.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems ENPS, BitCentral and Oasis is a plus.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.