Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
Hearst Television in Des Moines, Iowa is looking for a part-time Archive Technician to assist with the digitization and cataloging of KCCI’s vast tape library.
- Digitize multiple ¾ inch, Beta and DV tapes at once
- Monitor decks during digitization
- Archive paper data
- Spot check digitized clips using a virtual portal and assist with titling
- Knowledge of broadcast operations in a TV station
- Some experience in a TV newsroom is preferred
- Detail-oriented worker
- Ability to work independently
- Knack for problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for archival materials
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.