Hearst Television, Jackson, MS, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $60,000
Salary max: $65,000
16WAPT, the Hearst owned ABC Affiliate in Jackson, MS, has an immediate opening for a Production Manager to join our leadership team. For this Department Head position, we’re looking for someone with the ability to recruit, train, and inspire our technical team to execute our market leading newscasts with excellence. As the Production Manager you will be in charge of all aspects of the department’s operations and work closely with the station’s top management team. You will also enjoy a great, southern lifestyle in Mississippi’s capital city with incredible natural resources complimenting all the offerings of a major American city.
- This position is responsible for the direction of the production team. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the News Director . Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast. Must be able to call and punch a newscast. In-person attendance is required.
- Should have experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
- Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
- College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.