Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $60,000
Salary max: $60,000
KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, is looking for Chief Photographer who wants to lead an award-winning team of photojournalists. We have a team of talented, experienced photographers and have been named NPPA Small Market Station of the Year eight times! We want someone who can carry on that tradition of excellence while being able to meet the challenges of gathering and delivering news through multiple platforms. You need to set the standard for great photojournalism but also be a newsroom leader who can bring work groups together.
• Trains, manages, evaluates, and develops a team of photographers and editors
• Shooting and editing of video for broadcast and digital
• Working with the assignment desk and reporters to cover daily stories
• Working with reporters to ensure we tell visually impactful stories
• Working with producers to make sure newscasts have the best video and natural sound, whether that video is from our photographers, the feeds or user-generated
• Champions procedures to screen video for copyright and FCC violations
• Assigns and maintains all gear and fleet of vehicles including scheduling maintenance
• Previous newsroom experience required
• Prior management experience preferred
• Excellent managerial skills
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.