Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH, United States
The story is yours!
WLWT News 5, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati is looking for a well-rounded part time Digital Editor.
We're looking for a candidate skilled at creating copy and video elements for websites, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and storyteller with a knack for recognizing social media trends, and who thrives under deadline pressure. We are in search of a journalist with a passion for breaking news who is eager to become a master of the digital space.
The ideal candidate will bring ideas on how to produce and leverage videos and content to produce engagement.
• Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations’ website, mobile and social media pages.
• Write compelling headlines
• Develop and edit text-overlay and other kinds of video reports.
• Develop strategies for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
• Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
• Manage live streams of newscasts and breaking news
• Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
• Previous digital editing experience required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Strong news and editorial judgment
• Excellent AP writing skills
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
• Strong understanding of social media best practices
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle. In person work required
• Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Brand Copywriter (Marketing Communications Specialist 3)
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA USA