Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH, United States
The story is yours!
WLWT-TV, the Hearst owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be dedicated to winning the big story, breaking news, and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and be able to play well in a room full of pros.
- Selecting, researching, and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating, and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Must be focused on story content that follows WLWT’s clearly defined news strategic plan
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be able to write and post stories to all digital platforms
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that could include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- In person work required
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience also considered.
- 2 years producing experience preferred
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.