Morning Traffic Anchor/Reporter
Hearst Television, Kansas City, MO, United States
The story is yours!
KMBC-TV, Hearst Television’s ABC affiliate in Kansas City, is looking for a dynamic Traffic Anchor/ Reporter to join our news team. A successful candidate will produce accurate, comprehensive traffic reports and deliver in a clear, concise fashion. An ideal candidate will also be able to cover news, be a good storyteller, have excellent on-air presence, and be able to own the big story. We want someone who can interact with our viewers on social media and a journalist who will grow this position.
• Prepare morning traffic report graphics
• Gather information for traffic reports
• Provide clear and concise live traffic reports for morning shows
• Communicate morning traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station social media pages, mobile app, and website
• Cover breaking news in a live setting
• News reporting on all platforms
• Cultivating sources and contacts in the community
• Knowledge and experience with the station’s traffic system
• Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations
• Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and basic knowledge of social media platforms
• Must be energetic and creative and work well with others
• Exceptional on air-communication ability
• Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
• Looking for 1-2 years as journalist and storyteller in a commercial television station.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.