National Sales Manager
Hearst Television, Greenville, SC, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $131,000
Salary max: $131,000
- Set the overall tone for the national sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
- Lead our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on our expectations and strategies.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales goals across multiple media platforms.
- Work alongside our Local Sales Manager to foster a positive sales environment
- Work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations and planning also coach and inspire our team of national reps to grow share
- Negotiate all national business including political
- Work with the national sales assistant on preempts and orders
- Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue
- Assist the local sales manager in helping to grow local TV and Digital revenue share
- Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget
- Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
- Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software.
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
- Takes full ownership of national budgets and revenue goals and constantly develop strategies to overachieve
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.