Hearst Television, Salinas, CA USA
The story is yours!
KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, is looking for a sales assistant who is a detail-oriented team player with excellent computer skills, exceptional written and verbal skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Accurate data entry and multi-tasking are necessities. A positive attitude and professional demeanor are essential along with the flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who can maintain a high level of accuracy and work with a team of sales professionals. KSBW-TV and Central Coast ABC are both owned by Hearst Television and located in Salinas, California.
- Accurate data entry using a variety of software systems and databases to enter TV and digital orders and generate/distribute reports
- Assist in the development of sales proposals, advertising packages, client presentations and collateral materials.
- Work cooperatively with managers, co-workers and clients to deliver a high-level of service.
- Interact with co-workers, clients and the viewing public in a professional manner, both on the phone and in person.
- Keep progress tabs on various sales initiatives.
- Cross-train to fill in for and cooperate with other assistants.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Previous commercial television experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite w/focus on Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, with the ability to generate reports, create presentations, and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Must have strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of learning new systems promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Self-starter who can take initiative
- Filing – both paper and electronic
- Type 40 WPM minimum
- Comfort with basic arithmetic including ability to calculate percentages
- Positive attitude
- Bilingual a Plus
- Some college preferred, not required. Experience considered.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.