Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator
Hearst Television, Needham, MA USA
The story is yours!
WCVB in Boston, MA has an opening for a Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to support one of America’s leading television stations. This position provides human resources and payroll support for approximately 250 employees including employees represented by three different labor unions. Employee will report to the Business Manager and will have the opportunity to learn other aspects of the fiscal management of the television station. The ideal candidate must possess excellent and positive communications skills and interact well with others. Trustworthiness is a key trait as this individual will be exposed to highly confidential information.
What you’ll do:
- Recruiting assistance
- Leave management
- Benefit related assistance
- Wellbeing and employee engagement champion
- Employee data management through Oracle HCM
- Lead the internship program
- Performance management
- Various HR reporting
- Assists Business Manager with employee relations, union issues and various business office functions as needed
- Bi-weekly and weekly payroll review/processing/reconciliation through ADP for 250 employees
- Prepare monthly reports from ADP such as union dues, union pension & welfare reports
- Become the payroll expert at the station
What we are looking for:
- Eagerness to take on a new challenge and learn evolving areas of HR
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Be a strong team player, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic go-to person
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick deadline environment
- Excellent communication skills required
- Experience with various software applications including Excel, ADP, Oracle Cloud Human Capital Management; Ability to run a variety of reports from these databases
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business related field preferred
- Human resources experience; PHR/SHRM-CP a plus
- Payroll experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.