Hearst Television, Cincinnati, OH USA
The story is yours!
WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati has an opening for a high-energy, skilled meteorologist for our four-hour weekend morning newscasts. We are looking for a severe weather expert, with excellent forecasting skills. Our viewers deal with all forms of severe weather; snow, ice, and inconvenient weather in a challenging market requiring a trained and dedicated meteorologist. The right candidate is a dedicated teammate, and an accurate forecaster who can tell a relatable weather story. We are searching for a meteorologist who understands the responsibility of keeping our viewers safe, conveying appropriate tone, summarizing complicated information, and staying cool under pressure.
- Prepare viewers with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
- Utilize all the technology and tools available, to tell an intriguing, personable weather story.
- Collaborate with the rest of the weather team to craft Cincinnati’s Most Accurate Forecast.
- Provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events.
- Able to contribute content simultaneously on TV, our digital platforms and for our radio partners.
- Reporting live in the field during weather events, as well as working with the team in-studio if warranted.
- Proficient at tracking severe storms on Live Doppler Radar.
- Follow our strategic weather plan to deliver the information viewers need and demand each day.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Previous on-air experience in broadcast television news required.
- In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage.
- Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation.
- Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data.
- Proficient in using weather system graphics and technology, experience with Baron a plus.
- Excellent forecasting and on-air skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to use common television weather systems.
- Radar storm tracking.
- Strong ability to report live in the field, especially on weather and other community topics.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field
- CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands