Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 has an immediate opening for a creative, energetic Full-Time Talk Show Producer. We are looking for a dedicated individual informed on news and current events. The ideal candidate adeptly manages the deadlines and flexible schedules that the multimedia and broadcast industry require. This is an opportunity to join one of the largest and most decorated Radio Stations in the country, with 96 years of service to the Baltimore-Metro region.
- Maintaining Studio Operations for the duration of the program.
- Booking guests and keeping media contacts.
- Working directly with talent to develop compelling and engaging content.
- Corresponding with Digital Team regarding topics and storylines.
- Ensuring FCC compliance and proper transmitter operation.
- Keeping a log of aired commercial inventory.
- Support news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
- Support Production Team with promotional material for the show.
- Ability to multi-task responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Nielsen PPM best practices, or aptitude to learn.
- Strong audio editing ability including multi-track sessions.
- Knowledge of On-Air studio operations and best practices.
- Excellent time management in deadline driven situations.
- Flexibility to work different shifts.
- High School graduate. Some college education or comparable experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Preferred Experience or aptitude to learn:
- Experience with Adobe Audition or similar programs.
- Familiarity with Wide Orbit Automation Software or similar Radio Inventory Management Software.
- Remote broadcast experience or propensity to learn.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.