Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 News, the Hearst Television ABC Affiliate in the West Palm Beach market, has a part-time opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
- Maintain news archives.
- Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Military experience will be considered.
- Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
- Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
- Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production techniques.
- Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
- Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
- Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
- Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
- High School Diploma.
- Some college or technical school preferred.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.