Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT USA
The story is yours!
WPTZ/NBC5, the Hearst-owned NBC station in Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY as an opening for a Sports Anchor/Reporter. Applicant must have proven ability to tell compelling stories, perform dynamic live shots, and must be able to shoot and edit. We look for our sports staff to go beyond highlights and look for compelling community stories.
During work hours, you’ll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country.
- Prepare and anchor sports segment and sports stories
- Serve as a reporter and photographer for gathering and presenting sports stories
- Produce and anchor sports specials
- Post sports stories to digital platforms including social media
- Work with promotions and marketing to provide material for promoting stories and segments
- Work with the assignment desk to plan resources for sports coverage
- Travel to sporting events for coverage at times
- In-person attendance is required
- Non-linear editing knowledge, preferable with Adobe Premier
- Knowledge and experience with ENPS
- Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Highly organized
- Social Media savvy
- Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
- Extensive sports knowledge and good news judgment
- Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
- Team player
- Journalism or Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.