Digital Sales Manager
Hearst Television, New Orleans, LA USA
The story is yours!
WDSU seeks a proven Digital Sales Manager to provide energized leadership for our digital sales initiatives. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for new media and enjoys staying up-to-date with its evolution, understands digital marketing strategy and thrives in a customer-focused team environment. Required strengths include: the ability to strategically plan, communicate effectively, build and maintain internal and external customer relationships and training.
As a Digital Sales Manager, it is the expectation that you will work primarily at the station as well as away from the station, meeting with clients and attending sales calls. You will have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed.
- Prepare and implement individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
- Regularly meet with local sales team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their professional development and success with stated goals.
- In partnership with the Local Sales Manager, lead weekly sales meeting; prepare and lead quarterly/annual sales planning meeting.
- Consistently evaluate seller performance and provide feedback.
- Act as primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review key sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station sales guidelines.
- Respond to RFP requests; meet client deadlines.
- Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
- Develop/strengthen business relationships with key station vendors.
- Support local sellers in sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
- Develop and generate non-traditional revenue and new sales initiatives.
- Manage various expense budgets related to digital initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to achieve stated and strategic goals.
- Provide training to Local and National sellers.
- Ensure that all necessary sales presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling window.
- Maintain current and accurate revenue forecasts by account.
- Review and approve new insertion orders.
- Prepare and present various reports.
- Follow and meet all HTV Digital Sales Managers standard operating procedures as outlined.
- Maintain current knowledge of HTV advertising regulations.
- Communicate regularly with the General Sales Manager on all aspects of digital business.
- Be agile in responding to dynamic business conditions and station business needs.
- Have a complete understanding of current digital marketing strategies including synergist values with other media.
- Understanding of pricing and inventory management principles.
- Ability to dissect an advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare comprehensive and winning response.
- Ability to prospect, meet with, and close business with new station clients.
- Possess the skills to manage and supervise others.
- Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile are required.
- College degree preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.