Commercial Production Manager
Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA 3/My58, the Hearst-owned NBC/Independent duopoly in Sacramento, CA is looking for a highly-creative Commercial Production Producer to write, shoot, edit and design commercials and promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for creating exciting advertising for our clients and local businesses. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you can think outside the box and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you! In-person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Produce, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air commercials from start to finish that generate viewer interest to increase client sales for all multi-platforms.
- Organizing, overseeing and executing projects from concept through delivery.
- Self-starter who works well with clients, has big ideas, is innovative and able to handle all production planning and execution from start to finish.
- Contribution to brainstorms across all departments.
- 5+ years Writer/Producer television experience preferred.
- Experienced videographer with a background working with Canon C300 Mark ii and Sony ENG XDCAM.
- Experience with Adobe Suite applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photo Shop a must.
- Related military experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of production process including non-linear editing.
- Proficient in videography and lighting.
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy.
- Work well under extreme deadlines.
- Must be a team player and think outside the box.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.