Hearst Television, Birmingham, AL USA
The story is yours!
Put your IT Knowledge to good work by supporting an exceptional team at WVTM Television. Our award-winning team was recognized as Alabama’s Station of the Year in 2021 by the Alabama Broadcaster’s Association. Make your hard work count towards something good for your community and your team. Service to our community, our colleagues and our clients keep the IT role in television challenging, creative, but never boring. What you do matters at the end of each day.
WVTM is a multi-platform local media leader. Our passionate team members serve our audience and clients with world-class content and advertising solutions seen by thousands of consumers every day on whatever platform they choose to consume content. As part of the global Hearst team, based in Birmingham, AL, our resources are best-in-class.
WVTM journalists produce award-winning content that helps consumers makes sense of their community. Our sales team delivers strategic advertising solutions to help local businesses fulfill their dreams. Our engineering team enjoys world-class technology and understands how it supports our overall mission to inform, entertain, and support our local communities. The WVTM team also cares deeply about our friends and neighbors. Every year our collective work raises thousands of dollars and awareness for local charitable causes. Known as the Magic City, Birmingham is consistently ranked as one of the best mid-sized cities in America for cost of living, thriving job market, great restaurants, a live music scene and the ability to enjoy the outdoors hiking, biking, golfing year-round.
IT Managers should be customer service focused, with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with thorough knowledge of the below items:
Network topology, switching, connectivity, and segmentation
- vLAN understanding and IP Management
- VMware & Virtual systems & Management
- Cisco Hyperflex Virtual Systems Management & Understanding
- Wireless Connectivity & usage policies – Hearst, Hearst Guest
- Security Management – Cylance, SEP, etc.
- MFA & Systems Access
- Active Directory Management & Understanding – Quest Active Roles
- WAN connectivity – circuit usage, including Supplemental
- ITAM – Asset Management - Replenishment
- Service Now functions and Service Catalog – ITIL Worker Interface / End User Interface
- User On-Boarding and New User Setup in SNOW
- Isilon & Qumulo Production storage systems management & understanding
- SCCM Initiatives and Windows Updates – client install and reporting
- WSUS Server Update System
- Rubrik Backup Systems
- ENPS Systems & WEB Access – News iPads
- Bit Central Production Systems
- Signiant Transfer Agents
- Streaming & OTT efforts – Up Link
- DMZ – Publicly facing systems – Gateway Switches
- ADC Automation & BOPS Switches
- Software Compliance & Licensing
- VPN Access – Juniper Pulse Configuration & Support
- Bomgar system & support
- PDQ Inventory & Deploy
Lower priority on deploying desktops, updating software, repairing broken hardware, and other level 1 functions. Unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
A thorough knowledge, understanding, and familiarity of the essential job functions must be the primary goal within the first 90 – 180 days. An ongoing effort to gain a holistic overview of broadcast and IT systems, operations, and workflow is essential.
- Good analytical & technical problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, positive attitude, team player
- Ability to maintain corporate standards, policies, and procedures
- May be required to be “on-call” outside of normal working hours
- College or Technical School degree preferred
- Any certification in the above core items would be preferred.
- MTA – Fundamentals of IT, MTA – IT Infrastructure preferred.
- Equivalent military experience always considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.