Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD USA
The story is yours!
WBAL has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Associate Producer to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our associate producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our website and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, writing and tape editing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos.
- Assist producers and reporters with research.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Have an understanding of social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Researching and writing stories for television and digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- In-person attendance is required
- Previous on-air producing experience required.
- Military on-air producing experience will be considered
- Familiarity with social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.