Multi Media Journalist
Hearst Television, Winston-Salem, NC USA
The story is yours!
WXII TV is looking for a Multimedia Journalist who has the ability to generate story ideas as well as shoot, write, and edit news stories. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. This person will produce content on-air, online, and on our social media platforms.
- Develop sources and generate story ideas
- Gather information for stories and report for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, and weekends
- Shoot, write, track, and edit news stories
- Coverage of breaking news and sports
- Post content online and on station social media platforms
- At least one year television news reporting, photography and editing
- Military multimedia experience will be considered
- Must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam and edit in Adobe Premiere.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Work efficiently to meet newscast deadlines
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands