Hearst Television, Needham, MA USA
The story is yours!
Chronicle, WCVB-TV’s long-running news magazine program, has an opening for a self-motivated, creative photojournalist who wants to join our team of award-winning storytellers. We are seeking an experienced photographer with the ability to tell the stories of our beautiful region through video captured in a creative way. The photographer will spend the majority of time in the field shooting stories for Chronicle, with additional shooting assignments for Cityline, News, and Sales. The successful candidate will have a portfolio of eye-catching video and demonstrated proficiency in both lighting and audio. You must be able to shoot on Sony professional cameras, GoPro, smartphones, and edit in Adobe Premiere; drone experience is a plus. Excellent shooting skills, ability to think in photo sequences and to provide ample coverage of a story, and the ability to deliver high-quality video in a fast-paced environment are critical. Candidates must be able to work well with producers, on-air talent, and editors, as well as many different people and personalities in the field. We also require exceptional time-management abilities, organization, reliability, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs. If you have an eye for a good story, the ability to capture it thoroughly and creatively, and an interest in telling the stories of New England, we want you on the team.
- Shoot stories for Chronicle, Cityline, News, and Sales
- Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound
- Produce and light live shots
- Edit in Adobe Premiere when needed
- Feed all of WCVB’s digital platforms
- Some travel required
- Extraordinary photojournalism skills
- Experience operating ENG, SNG and TVU backpacks
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 editing software, ENPS, Oasis, and Precis in a shared storage environment
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Valid driver’s license, ability to operate large vehicles, and a near-perfect driving record
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Creative Director, Communications & External Affairs (Brooklyn...
Vera Institute of Justice, Brooklyn, NY USA