Digital Media Manager
Hearst Television, Westbrook, ME, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $55,000
Salary max: $65,000
- Managing online content and operations. This includes selecting and writing material for all of our digital platforms.
- Develops and guides execution of strategies to meet digital goals.
- Creatively develops unique content, event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social media.
- Brings consistent sense of urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to digital news content and project development.
- Works to develop content during breaking news.
- Works closely with the digital editors, news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms and television.
- Leverages Next Generation newsgathering to provide ownership of content both daily, and during big or breaking news events.
- Takes an active role in daily editorial meetings. The goal is to lay the groundwork for a consistent multi-platform workflow that ensures strong unique content.
- Works closely with News Director to refine digital workflow.
- Participates in news manager and weekly marketing meetings.
- Serves as primary link between on-air and online news as a key member of the news management team.
- Coordinates consistent training of web & news personnel to contribute to all digital platforms (field gathering and presentation); maximize best practices to involve the whole station as regular contributors.
- Staff leader in leveraging social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to provide superior coverage and marketing of news. Works closely with marketing to prioritize the growth of customers on Facebook and email, and the interaction with them.
- Key innovator of digital projects involving news, sales and creative services departments aimed at creating strong revenue-generating content and projects.
- Works daily with creative services to identify opportunities to leverage marketing tactics that support the digital strategy. Engages in regular and weekly marketing discussions with CSD to push marketing opportunities cross-platform.
- Interfaces with Executive Digital Media Managers (Editorial Operations, Product Innovation) and other HTV digital managers on small, medium and large scale news and content projects.
- Directs staff on best practices to optimize content areas of home web and mobile platforms.
- Identifies videos with viral potential for syndication partners like YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc.
- Regularly communicates pertinent metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, comScore) concerning digital growth and trends to News Director, GM and necessary staff; special attention paid to hourly and daily tactics based off daily Google Analytics and Newsbeat.
- Builds or is able to dimension the build of web initiatives; working knowledge of HTML needed.
- Uses working knowledge of SEO and tactics to improve traffic generation from search.
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have at least three years of experience as an editor for a news website
- Must have working knowledge of digital technology
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands