Hearst Television, South Burlington, VT USA
The story is yours!
WPTZ NBC5, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market is accepting applications for a full time Photojournalist. This member of our team will spend several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XDCam, GoPro, iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. FAA drone license and operation a plus.
During work hours, you’ll be in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best ski areas in the country, scenic mountains, and some of the most beautiful waterways in the country. This position is based in our South Burlington, VT studio facility, but you will be covering stories from all over our market.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience is a plus.
- Must possess a valid license, and have an excellent driving record. References and motor vehicle record will be checked.
- Position requires flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, as well as extensive travel within the Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market and adjacent markets.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Can work in all weather conditions.
- Can organize and prioritize.
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do.
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism, Broadcast News, or related field, or equivalent work experience. Military Veterans encouraged to apply.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.