Operations Technician PT
Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA has an opening for a part-time experienced Broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is fundamental for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location. In-person attendance is required.
As part of KCRA’s continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing.
- Master Control Operations.
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment).
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors.
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
- Dress microphone’s and IFB’s for all on camera appearances.
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
- Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD).
- Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions.
- Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager.
- Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment.
- Experience with Master Control Operations including Automation, Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio/Video Console Operation, and Videotape Operations.
- Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Equivalent work experience.
- Military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.