Television Video News Photographer
Hearst Television, Omaha, NE, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $39,000
Salary max: $43,500
We are looking for someone who can use the art of videography to convey the essence of a story through compelling imagery, natural sound, and engaging interviews.
Our photojournalists most often team-up with reporters to pursue stories of importance and interest to the Omaha market. But the winning candidate also will be able to set out alone on occasion to collect the video and information needed to create memorable television and digital content.
Our next photojournalist will care about proper lighting and have an eye for shooting a story in a way that distinguishes KETV NewsWatch 7 from the competition every day. We want a photojournalist who can respond to breaking news quickly and calmly but who is also ready to take deep dives into feature and investigative reporting. We want photojournalists who are self-starters—eager to be first, and best.
KETV NewsWatch 7 photojournalists are engaged in the latest technology, dedicated to being correct and first, and skilled at working on tight deadlines when stories break late. Time-management is crucial.
Photojournalists must be skilled at editing with Adobe Premiere, either at the station or in the field, and they must be passionate about distributing video on digital platforms and social media.
Above all, the winning candidate must be a team player, ready to join a vibrant newsroom community.
KETV will give special consideration to any candidate with an interest in occasional work on the assignment desk.
All KETV employees must provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Working in partnership with reporters and the assignment desk to cover daily stories
- Shooting, and editing material for on-air, and digital platforms.
- Proper care of equipment and vehicles
- A commitment to solid journalism and the willingness to gather facts and information
- A team approach: Communication with reporters, producers and managers
- Ability to travel, on occasion, for breaking news and special projects.
- Previous newsroom experience is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- College degree is preferred
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Must be able to carry 40 pounds of equipment
- Must have a clean driving record
- Experience at operating ENG and portable transmitting equipment or the willingness to train
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions, and must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights as needed
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.