Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA USA
The story is yours!
WGAL-8, the Hearst Television station in the Lancaster/Harrisburg/Lebanon/York, Pennsylvania market has an opening for a full-time RF Technician to join our team of professionals. Our RF Technician will be responsible for the care and maintenance of our main transmitter, translator, microwave receive sites, IP radio links, Skycams, and associated facilities. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting and maintaining television transmission and microwave equipment but will also be involved in the planning and budgeting for new equipment to maintain our broadcast footprint, and will have opportunities for additional training, as needed, to stay current with new technology in the broadcast field.
- Maintain IP-based microwave systems.
- Maintain GatesAir VAXTE VHF transmitter and UAXTE UHF translator and associated facilities.
- Be involved in installation of other television broadcast and IT equipment in the station.
- Travel to remote sites within our market to install, troubleshoot and maintain equipment, including Skycams.
- Work closely with Engineering Management on all projects as needed.
- In-person attendance is required. This is not a remote work position.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- 4+ years of experience in maintenance of RF transmission systems, satellite equipment and networking preferred. Moderate understanding of network troubleshooting, cyber security, virtual systems and LAN/WAN management.
- Able to use diagnostic equipment and computers to test signals and equipment both on the bench and in the field.
- Knowledge of electrical power and light HVAC.
- Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record and willingness to operate vehicles during all seasons and weather conditions.
- Skilled in electronic maintenance involving transmitters and microwave systems.
- Ability to understand and maintain technical documentation and drawings.
- Can-do attitude and ability to work with a diverse team including other disciplines and departments.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Military training with emphasis on RF transmitters and Satellite equipment, college or technical school degree preferred with specific training in Electronic Technology or equivalent work experience in Broadcast Maintenance and Operations.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.