Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA 3, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, is looking for a strong journalist who will anchor and report to connect with our audience. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality, we’re looking for a candidate who is eager to break the big stories. Our anchors are newsroom leaders who help mentor and grow producers and reporters. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources and has excellent live anchoring skills. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Turn daily content in the field that will be presented live or in-studio.
- Deliver scripted and adlib material with professionalism, purpose and an authentic voice.
- Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience.
- Collaborate with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production.
- Summarize information into easy-to-understand components during continuous breaking news coverage.
- Demonstrate unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
- Write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind.
- Demonstrate exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to enterprise and uncover.
- Appear on behalf of the station at public events.
- Past anchor experience (3+ years) required.
- Past reporting experience (3+ years) required.
- Must be willing to work mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate expertise with multiplatform content and social media engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands