Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA 3, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television, has an immediate opening for an innovative full-time photographer/editor. Our award-winning news team sets a very high bar for excellent journalism. We are serious about breaking news, big coverage of big stories, weather and investigative reporting. Our photojournalists are passionate about news and great visual storytelling. We are looking for an outstanding candidate who knows how to balance both the big picture and the small details; a creative thinker; a competitive spirit and a strong team player. This is an IBEW Union position. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Shoot engaging, dynamic video and sound for general assignments stories and special projects.
- Crisp, clean, compelling editing skills
- Operate ENG truck/TVU for live shots.
- Foster teamwork and collaboration with reporters and other news staff.
- Post video and pictures to multiple platforms.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills.
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Work well under very strict deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live breaking news
- Expertise with non-linear editing and familiarity with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to carry at least 50 pounds of equipment
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with helicopter photography is a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands