Operations Technician Full Time
Hearst Television, Winter Park, FL USA
The story is yours!
WESH-TV has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician works mostly in the studio operating robotic cameras or floor directing. Should be available to work various shifts, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Operate robotic cameras and floor directing in the studio.
- Occasionally running teleprompter and the audio board.
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set.
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and lighting board operation.
- Ability to climb ladders, adjust fixtures and change light bulbs.
- Ability to mic talent or guests, and dress microphones.
- Basic computer operation on a PC or laptop.
- Moving and handling of props and sets or in-house productions.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Should have 1 to 2 years experience working in similar operations position. Live news experience is a plus.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.