Photographer - Brevard Bureau
Hearst Television, Cocoa, Florida
The story is yours!
WESH 2 News is looking for a hard charging self-starter to be its next Space Coast Bureau photographer. They will work out of the WESH 2 News Brevard County Bureau in Cocoa, alongside our Bureau reporter. Brevard County is a big place, with a lot happening. The ideal candidate needs to be hungry to gather as much Brevard County news as possible on every shift. Flexibility is key as they will cover many launches, some historic, from Cape Canaveral. This photographer must have knowledge of the many missions we cover from NASA and other industry leaders amid the resurgence of launches along the Space Coast. Living in Brevard County is a must for this position.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and Digital via Sony XD Cam, GoPro, iPhone, and Adobe Premiere.
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Bureau Reporter to cover daily stories.
- Gathering video and still pictures for digital platforms.
- Working with Bureau reporter and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Must work with Bureau reporter to develop a network of sources who provide tips and early access to information to break stories of significance, especially when it comes to the space industry.
- Must actively listen to scanners to give us a leg up on the competition, as breaking news often happens in Brevard County.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- Must be flexible with scheduling on weekends and holidays.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.