Hearst Television, Baltimore, MD, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $55,600
Salary max: $55,600
WBAL Newsradio 1090 and FM 101.5 has a rare opening for a full-time News Anchor/Reporter to join our award-winning team and the Hearst family. We are looking for a motivated, dependable individual with a confident on-air delivery, who can effectively and concisely communicate local, world, and national news in an easy to understand and useful way. This is an on-site position.
- Anchoring of WBAL Newscasts.
- Monitoring news from multiple sources and scripting twice-hourly newscasts.
- Supporting news gathering efforts and breaking news coverage.
- Delivering breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
- Contributing to our online platforms, including wbal.com and social media.
- Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
- Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
- Must be available to work holidays, and flexible with schedule during breaking news.
- College or comparable experience preferred.
- Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.