OP Maintenance Technician Sr Associate
Hearst Television, Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA
The story is yours!
WPBF 25 has an opening for an experienced broadcast Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Maintains digital transmitters, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- Maintains production equipment including robotic camera system, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather graphics and weather systems, audio consoles, microphones, and IFBs.
- Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- Maintains support equipment including master and sub switchers, monitors, videotape machines, XDCAM decks, computer systems, microphones, and intercoms.
- Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
- In-person attendance is required
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment; or 2+ years of experience in a related military occupation specialty
- Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment down to the circuit level
- Must have knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking
- Must have advanced skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation
- Desired to have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital transmitters
- Desired to have experience with Autocad for system design and layout
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
- Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
- Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
- Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics school equivalent.
- SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
- Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.