Hearst Television, Lancaster, PA USA
The story is yours!
WGAL-8, Hearst Television’s number one station in Pennsylvania’s Susquehanna Valley (Lancaster/Lebanon/Harrisburg/York), is looking for a people- and product-focused leader to join our team. The Production Manager reports to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for our Master Control and Studio Operations staff. This is an in-person job and does not include remote work.
- Daily management of Master Control Operators, Directors, Audio Operators and other crew members, including hiring, scheduling, coaching, and annual performance evaluations.
- Oversight of technical and logistical aspects of on-air production, including Newscasts and other locally-produced programming like WGAL-8 In Focus and WGAL-8 Brain Busters.
- Coordination of facilities-related projects including capital and grounds improvements.
- Working with all departments to support station goals and priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of broadcast, production or related military experience.
- Strong leadership and people-management skills.
- Understanding of Newscast production.
- Knowledge of studio lighting systems and practices a plus.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to work varied hours
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry/military experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Home of the world’s best books.