SR Writer Producer
Hearst Television, Winter Park, FL USA
The story is yours!
WESH-TV in Orlando, Florida is looking for a highly creative Senior Promotion Writer Producer that thrives in a fast-paced creative environment. From conception to completion, this position is responsible for producing station image promotion that gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will develop, write, shoot, and edit station and news promotional campaigns for all platforms.
If you like working on a creative team that produces at a high-level, and enjoy spending time in warm weather, going to the best theme parks in the world or a day at the beach, then this job could be ideal for you!
- Hands-on in all aspects of the promotion creative process
- Develop and write compelling promotional content
- Shoot and light promotion in-field or in-studio
- Edit using Adobe Creative Suite
- Direct and supervise talent during promotional shoots
- Bring ideas to the table
- Design and produce promotional content for our social and digital platforms
- Work closely with news and other departments
- Solid time-management skills
- In-person attendance is required
- Television Writer/Producer experience preferred
- Knowledge of production process
- Proficient in videography and lighting
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy
- Work well under extreme deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop a must.
- Applicants must be an experienced photographer/videographer and editor with knowledge of Canon EOS cinema cameras preferred.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands