Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA USA
The story is yours!
KCRA-TV, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, has an opening for an experienced and dynamic newscast director. This position is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production and work as a team with the technical staff. A proactive attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. The right candidate should thrive on breaking news and continuous coverage as we strive to own the big story. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Directing broadcast newscasts.
- Provide creative input and work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
- Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
- At least two years of directing fast-paced newscasts
- Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news
- The position requires shift flexibility, including weekend duties.
- Will be required to post video content to KCRA’s digital platforms
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
- Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands