Hearst Television, Kansas City, MO USA
The story is yours!
KMBC/KCWE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC/CW affiliate in Kansas City, MO, has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station’s equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position provides technical and IT support for all station efforts.
This employee will maintain the following:
- Production equipment including robotic camera systems, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather systems, audio consoles, and other gear used in production.
- News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- IT systems and associated hardware and software. This includes infrastructure and end user support.
- Transmitter sites, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to plan and execute equipment installation, research/design, and detailed documentation of work.
- Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
- Networking support of various LAN/WAN devices and systems.
- In depth knowledge of video production/television systems.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
- Must possess a positive attitude and driven by successful problem solving.
- Flexible to various work shifts and days off as assigned.
- Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
- Valid driver’s license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites.
- Associates Degree in Electronic/IT Technology or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics/IT school equivalent (including military).
- Equivalent related work experience in a Television/Video/IT environment will be considered.
- SBE/SMPTE/IT Certification is a plus.
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
Create the extraordinary.