Special Projects Producer
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, has a unique opportunity for a Special Projects Producer. This producer will lead KCCI’s efforts in covering major issues impacting the Des Moines community and surrounding areas. This person will produce regular special programs for This Is Iowa, Project CommUNITY, Commitment 2022 (political) and Forecasting Our Future. In addition, this person may be asked to produce special reports and regularly scheduled newscasts on a fill-in basis.
- Develop original ideas for special story coverage, news promotion and specials.
- Must have ability to research, write, and prepare stories and programs for on-air and digital
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Working with and guiding reporters and photographers in story production.
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- Previous producing and/or reporting experience.
- Creative presentation style.
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are helpful.
- Creative and able to bring new ideas to the table.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
- Organized with strong planning skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands