Sports Reporter / MMJ
Hearst Television, Des Moines, IA USA
The story is yours!
KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, is looking for a sports reporter/MMJ. Applicants must have proven ability to tell compelling stories and perform dynamic live shots. Candidate must be able to shoot and edit their own stories. Ability to produce and anchor sportscasts is a must. Extensive knowledge of sports is required. Experience producing special programs is also a plus. We need a storyteller who has a dynamic on-air presence and excellent communication skills. You must also have a proven track record of social media engagement.
- Serve as a reporter and photographer for gathering and presenting news and sports stories
- Produce and anchor sportscasts
- Produce sports specials
- Post news and sports stories to digital platforms including social media
- Work with promotions and marketing to provide material for promoting stories and segments
- Work with the assignment desk to plan resources for sports coverage
- Travel to events for coverage
- Past anchor experience preferred
- Past reporting experience required
- Non-linear editing knowledge preferable with Adobe Premier Knowledge and experience with ENPS
- Experience shooting video on news broadcast equipment. Knowledge of different streaming devices is helpful.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Commitment to accuracy in reporting
- Social media savvy
- Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
- Extensive sports knowledge and good news judgment
- Ability to incorporate graphic production in stories and sportscasts
- Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
- Team player
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience
- Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands