Hearst Television, Sacramento, CA, United States
The story is yours!
Salary min: $53,000
Salary max: $57,000
KCRA 3, the news leader in Sacramento and a Hearst Television station, is looking for a sharp and creative morning news producer. We are looking for someone who truly knows how to craft a newscast. We want a critical thinker who marries journalistic excellence with dynamic showcasing. We’re seeking someone who loves the excitement of diving in to breaking news and big story coverage. In person attendance is required.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Oversee the creation, production and execution of a daily morning newscast.
- Collaborate with our executive producers and directors to create eye-catching showcasing and graphics.
- Enterprise live interview segments with local newsmakers.
- Inspire teamwork with anchors, field crews, digital producers and the assignment desk.
- Exceptional news judgment
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to calmly handle live breaking news
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Must be adept and knowledgeable about creating content for our digital platforms and social media
- Must be a team leader who communicates thoughtfully and respectfully
- At least 2 years of broadcast television news producing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Must be willing to work mornings and holidays
- Knowledge of newsroom computer systems ENPS, BitCentral and Oasis is a plus.
- Bilingual experience is a plus.
- Military DINFOS experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Want to learn more about Hearst Television? Visit Hearst Television's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands