Production Assistant PT
Hearst Television, Birmingham, AL USA
The story is yours!
WVTM-TV has an opening for a part-time Production Assistant to work in our newsroom. The qualified candidate will be responsible for operating teleprompter during live newscasts. Knowledge of editing video and producing digital content is helpful. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Operate teleprompter during live studio broadcasts.
- Assist directors with preparing studio for broadcasts.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Understanding of social media and assist in producing content on our digital platforms.
- Some knowledge of broadcast and digital production
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not necessary.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.